EXPLORING THE POWER OF MUSIC THERAPY
As part of our mission, we have partnered with Anderson Music Therapy to offer free group music therapy sessions for various individuals who may benefit from music therapy. In our next group session we will offer music therapy to children ages 7-15 years old. Our first group sessions began in early July 2017 and ran for 4 weeks, meeting once a week for 45 minutes. Participants were able to explore the concepts of music therapy, while providing an enjoyable yet purposeful activities and resources for families to share with their children. Often, music therapy allows a family to see the child in a new light as the child’s strengths are manifested in the music therapy environment.
We are currently taking registrations for the next group sessions that will begin in April 30, 2018. Simply fill out the appropriate form below to get started. Registration is free, however, there are very limited seats available for each group session. When we hit our maximum registration, please use the “waiting list registration” form below. We will contact you when space open up for the next group session.
BENEFITS OF MUSIC THERAPY
- Music can encourage socialization, self-expression, communication and motor development.
- Music stimulates all of the senses and involves the child at many levels. This “multi-modal approach” facilitates many developmental skills.
- Quality learning and maximum participation occur when children are permitted to experience the joy of play. The medium of music therapy allows this play to occur naturally and frequently.
- Music is highly motivating, yet it can also have a calming and relaxing effect. Enjoyable music activities are designed to be success-oriented and make children feel better about themselves.
- Music therapy can help a child manage pain and stressful situations.
- Because the brain processes music in both hemispheres, music can stimulate cognitive functioning and may be used for remediation of speech/language skills.
For specific inquiries and questions about this program, please send an e-mail to Noel Anderson at: email@example.com
SPONSORSHIPS AND FUNDING
The success of programs like this relies on the support of sponsors, donors, and our audiences. If you would like to find out how you or your organization can sponsor or support 5 Points Music Foundation, please email Tyler Godsey or call 540.795.5618