5 Points Music Therapy Program
As part of our mission, we have partnered with Anderson Music Therapy to offer free group music therapy sessions for various individuals, children through adults, who may benefit from music therapy. Registration for our next age group will begin April 30th, 2018.
Our next group session is for children ages 7-15. Each Group will be held for 4 weeks, meeting once a week for 45 minutes.
Registration is free, however, there are very limited seats available for each group session. Registration begins soon!
Music therapy can provide enjoyable yet purposeful activities and resources for families to share with their children. Often, music therapy allows a family to see the child in a new light as the child’s strengths are manifested in the music therapy environment.
Several benefits of music therapy:
- Music can encourage socialization, self-expression, communication and motor development.
- Music stimulates all of the senses and involves the child at many levels. This “multi-modal approach” facilitates many developmental skills.
- Quality learning and maximum participation occur when children are permitted to experience the joy of play. The medium of music therapy allows this play to occur naturally and frequently.
- Music is highly motivating, yet it can also have a calming and relaxing effect. Enjoyable music activities are designed to be success-oriented and make children feel better about themselves.
- Music therapy can help a child manage pain and stressful situations.
- Because the brain processes music in both hemispheres, music can stimulate cognitive functioning and may be used for remediation of speech/language skills.
To learn more about this program, contact us at email@example.com
Music Lesson Scholarships For Those With Hearing Loss
Proceeds from events and funding is provided to offer music lesson scholarships for those with hearing loss. To find out how you can support this program or how you can apply, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Earplug Give Aways
5 Points Music will provide hi-fi earplugs to artist, stage workers, and others that may be at risk for hearing loss to protect their ears, while advocating for smart, practical solutions to minimizing the damage that can come from being so close to sources of amplified sound.